photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Decorating Your First Apartment [Guest Post]


While I'm honeymooning in Europe, a few wonderful bloggers will be taking over my blog! I am so excited to be sharing these ladies with you!  Breckenridge Clare shares decorating tips for your first apartment. I remember our apartment was filled with mismatched hand me down stuff [I got our coffee table set for $10 on Craigslist!]
_______________





Getting my first apartment was one of the most exciting times. All I could imagine was how I was going to decorate it and what colors everything would be. But realistically after finishing my freshman year of college, I didn’t have the funding to wholly decorate my apartment and neither did my roommate. We simply had enough to get by from week to week with groceries and the basic necessities. This was a time that I had the taste of the real world and it wasn’t very comforting to say the least.

So how do YOU decorate your first apartment on a budget?

First know the places where you will find the best deals: Goodwill or a thrift store (just wait to see why,) Target, and Dollar Tree (or another Dollar Store near you.)

So many people say that Pinterest is the best place to find ideas on how to decorate on a budget, which is absolutely the truth!

For furniture, go to Goodwill. No matter if it’s an old coffee table with scratches or an old lamp stand; you can update the pieces with new paint, stains, and maybe even some fun Gold Leaf detailing.

Your apartment is supposed to be yours, so make it you.

As for your walls, you can find frames at the Dollar Tree (or other dollar store,) and either paint them or leave them depending on the look you want. If you want fun little pictures you can print them from online OR update the images in the frame using fun clippings from your magazines.

Your silverware, plates, etc… can come from the Dollar Tree. Update them using the “baking” method when you bake sharpie onto plates. Just make sure they are oven safe first. You can even update your silverware by dipping the ends into paint for a fun modern look.

Happy Decorating!

Xo

BCC



Thank you so much for taking over my blog as I'm gallivanting [and hopefully not freezing] in Europe!

 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...