1. In the world of technology, it's easy to send a text or Facebook wall post that says, "how are you?" I think that question is severely undervalued.
2. Go to the Dollar Tree and pick out something that reminds you of your friend.
3. If it's a coworker-friend, pick up some extra Starbucks on the way to work (you know you were going there anyway)
4. For far away friends make them a little "care package" of cheap / free things.
5. Friendship bracelet's are ALWAYS appreciated :)
If we all just took a second to breathe and think about it, no one would ever feel unappreciated. It's easy and takes just a couple of minutes and could probably save a lot of your friendships that might end up fizzing out. Never underestimate the value of KIT, even if you think that your friendship should withstand periods of separation.
Any other suggestions Warrior Queens?