photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Friday, September 16, 2011

Strength in a Storm

For the entirety of my life, my parents could not have stressed the importance of family and friends any more than they always have. Somehow, throughout the last couple of years, I had forgotten the strength and meaning of the word: family.

Well yes, I recognize that I have been close to nonexistent with my posts here, but I will tell you that I have not forgotten about all of you. To put in lighter terms, I have been treading through what seems like every storm possible lately.

Through these storms, I have had the privilege to truly feel the presence of a grand, irreplaceable support system of family and friends. My sister and I are 5 years apart and despite that difference in years, I am fortunate to say that my sister is one of the best friends I could ever have. Interestingly, before knowing of my recent struggles, she gave me a gift that came along with these words:

"love... The greatest virtue of all. Love warms the existence of mankind and elevates the spirit."

It was as if she knew without knowing. At such a tumultuous moment in my life, I know that I could count on her, my family, and friends to help bring me to brighter days in times to come.

So now I would like to ask you: What does family represent for you? Where do you go or who do you go to when you've found you've lost your strength? What does the power of love mean to you?

1 comment:

  1. First, let me tell you how amazing your blogs always make me feel and to thank you for being such an amazing friend to me as well <3
    Second, to my family we have always merged people into our family that are not related by blood. We mishmash and welcome everyone into our family. I have countless people who I call aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa or cousin who are not related to me in the slightest. They hold me up when I forget my strength. My aunt and my mom have been my two biggest "woman strength" advocates in my life and my constant inspiration for warrior queen. Love to me is a religion. It is absolutely everything I believe in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...