photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Warrior Queen Ariana: Living Below the Line

My friend Ariana has a humanitarian soul. She was born in Venezuela and has residency in the US. We met at OSU on my first day of classes and have been close ever since. What I love about Ariana and what makes her such a great warrior queen is that she gives without complaint whenever she can. Her latest project is an easy one to donate to and a great cause (and probably one of the most challenging things I think a person in a first world country can do). Here is a little bit she wrote about Living Below the Line.




1 MILLION children are at risk of dying in Central and West Africa thanks to an awful drought. ONE MILLION. The worst part? UNICEF has the means to help, but desperately needs the funds! With your donations UNICEF can provide nutrition supplies, clean water and sanitation facilities, and feeding centers. It takes as little as 50 CENTS to buy a sachet of plumpy’nut (a peanut-based paste). All it takes 3 sachets a day to save a malnourished child!

UNICEF has saved more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization. After having been an active volunteer for 4 years, I truly understand that there is no better organization. I could go on and on about its accomplishments, but instead I will let you take a look: unicefusa.org. 

So what am I doing to help the Sahel region of Africa and how can you help? I joined a challenge to Live Below the Line! I am living on $1.50 a day for five days. This is helping me not only experience what many do around the world, but to raise funds. Check it out:https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/arianahoet. I have been sharing my experience and pictures with everyone, so they can get a glimpse of what it feels to live under the poverty line. It is not too late to become a sponsor and every dollar goes to the Sahel region of Africa. YOU can help save 1 MILLION CHILDREN.

Going through this experience has definitely made me grow and better understand the struggles people go through. It has been hard but worth it! I hope you will take the time to visit the site and find out more. Believe in ZERO!

Thanks Ari!

I hope you guys can help out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...