photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Have I told you about the book I'm writing?

I say this often and the typical response is no. I'm not actually writing this book, though it'd probably be a best seller. But as the story goes...

The book's called Relationships: Don't Do Them.
Chapter 1: Don't do them
Chapter 2: If you find yourself in one get out immediately

At this point, everyone usually laughs. They know I'm not serious. It sounds so bitter, so scorned. But with the way things have been going lately, we all kinda agree.

I'm 21 and for the past few months I've been preaching being single. I don't want the drama of a relationship. I love, and I can't escape the drama; but still I try. Anyone who says relationships should be easy and drama free is delusional. There's always going to be disagreements and tough times. That's just how life is, in general.

I don't want that drama, but I crave the love. You see, it's hard when you've had it, when you have it but something happens so there is the drama.

In the words of Audrey Hepburn: "Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you."


As I'm always saying, I love love. I need it to survive - we all do. So I'm always going to have hope. To want love. To want a relationship, despite the drama. The good outweighs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...