photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, February 14, 2011

Rant about Instant Gratification

I know I've probably ranted about this before, but can we please talk about how annoying instant gratification thanks to cell phones and instant messaging is?

So, I'm taking a pop culture class and we did an example on cell phones and I just thought to myself, nah, I'm not one of those people who get's annoyed with cell phone's existence. I love my phone.

Okay but seriously, I hate the way that it makes you addicted.

Yes, I literally mean addicted. Not like, omg I'm addicted to this song. No. Actual addiction.

Ever feel like without your phone you're missing an important body part? Ever find yourself getting angry that someone texted you a minute ago and you replied immediately and they didn't reply again for 2 hours?!

Alright, I know I'm definitely guilty of this but I've been listening to it from friends for a few days and I want to like shoot something.

What'd you do after you texted me? drop your phone and hide from it for 2 hours?

No. Most likely, they were working, playing videogames or otherwise enjoying LIFE that's happening right in front of them.

For the most part I like to think I've gotten less dependent on my cell phone and better than I used to be. Everyone always says I'm attached to my cell phone. Yah, I get it.  But you guys should have seen me when I first got texting and was dating Hunter.
Re. Dic. U. Lous.

But anyway, the instant gratification and communication thing especially bugs me in relationships. Like, "he didn't text me for a few hours so I decided he wasn't interested and deleted his number?!" poor guy, he was probably at work.

Let's face it, girls are the ones depending on their phones for him to text or call back.

Okayyy, We're not Gigi from He's Just Not That Into You.

Go lose your phone or something. That's what I do when I feel like this.

BUT I feel like it's creeping into other aspects of our lives. Like if a girl or a boy goes and talks to someone else at a party that you went to together and you don't see them for the majority of the night. People keep telling me they're ignored. Uh, go start a conversation yourself?

Idk, I'm really independent and I flit around at parties a lot. Or I sit in one place on the couch. Depends on my mood. But I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm just being weird.

Alright, /end rant

I need to go do some homework and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...