photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Sunday, April 11, 2010

To Explain my brief break and more

I know that I have been vastly MIA for the past two weeks. Things have been a little hectic, and I feel like that things may continue in this pattern, but I am not abandoning you!

Basically, I've had a lot of positive things happen for me in the past two weeks that made getting my homework done close to impossible, let alone being able to squeeze in a blog. I just have all of the thoughts bouncing around in my head. As a writer and an artist, I should really get these thoughts out. I'm prone to being easily distracted from my ideas anyway. Flighty. I think I will keep a journal with all of these started ones, and then some days I will finish them and post them.

Things might be sporadic for awhile. I now officially have 2 jobs (Buffalo Wild Wings and Mi Casa Foods), in addition to being a full-time student and interning on occasion. I've also started babysitting again (SO EXCITED) and I got hired at an online magazine where I write articles and I get paid based off of the advertising. I haven't quite started or figured that one out yet, but it will happen.

Needless to say, this week I have two exams (Monday and Thursday) on top of all of the jobs and internship stuff and other homework. Plus, it's my momma's and "little sister's" birthdays this weekend. I'm so excited for those! Two weeks ago was spring break and I had a ton of work training to do, and this past week my best friend's been in town and I've been staying at her house and not going online.

I apologize immensely! These things are all as essential to my future and well-being as my fantastic blog does. Most importantly, I'm trying to stay positive on everything, like we all should be! Positivity begets positive change. Positivity is the basis of my being. I've thought positively and all of these benefits came to me for that reason. I thought positively and I did not stress that I did not have a second job, and one came to me. The same happened with everything else.

Breathe in. Breathe out. That's what will get you through the day. Appreciate everything.

Jason Mraz's latest blog talked about being committed to the idea, but not attached to a result. When you are attached to the result you are not as committed to the idea and you do not let it grow in the way it should. This is a good mantra to have.

His example was "I am committed to being your friend. I am not attached to you ignoring me when you have a bad day. I am committed to being your friend."

This example stuck out to me because, so many times I wonder if people are really my friends because they are not talking to me or visiting me. But I know that they care about me. When I take a step back and think about it. We all get so caught up in our lives. Why should I be thinking "why aren't they talking to me?" when something major could be going on in their lives that prevents them from talking to me. Let it go.

It's funny to see how much progress I've made, and yet some days I feel that I am still stuck in the same rut. Patience is a virtue I definitely do not have, but I am working on it.

This blog didn't end up going in any direction I thought it would go in, but I am more committed to the idea than attached to this result. I did want to link up to this awesome post about "Some Important Women You Should Know" whom I didn't know the vast majority. A little education is always fantastic.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...