photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Redefining

In talking with some friends recently, I've come to realize that the true definition behind the "Warrior Queen" is somehow getting lost in translation. Part of this, I think is because being a warrior queen really has a different meaning for every one of us. There is an absolute background definition, but I want everyone to build their own self-definition.

To me, the background definition is to do what you want, to follow your heart, to get what you deserve, and to be strong through every curve ball life atcha. I know a few friends who are in agreement on this matter, and a few others who to them, the definition is more strict or more loose.

The basis is Self Respect . I think any girl can have this, right?

I picked up a book at Barnes and Nobles today that I'd like to add to the list of Warrior Queen Books (which is as follows):

1. Why Men Love Bitches
2. The Rules (I haven't read this but Sasha based the original WQ ideal on this)
3. What Would Audrey Do?
4. How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World

This new book is kinda similar to book 3, but so far it preaches self-respect and class to us girls in a world where the "Stupid Girls" seem to be overtaking us with their tabloid drama.

But of course, we all have our fair share of "stupid girl" behavior. We've all made the mistake of being that overly desperate girl or wearing the too short skirt. Hell, we've all made the mistake of being a horrible warrior queen and hurting ourselves. But you know what? That's okay, as long as we learn from it!

So let's learn from it! Oh, and I would love to hear your definition of a Warrior Queen =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...