photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Be Love

Jason Mraz has a tattoo on his forearm that says "Be Love." In his own words, this is the meaning behind it: 


"“Be Love” is a bold declaration. It’s about choosing kindness over being right. It’s about cutting out the conditions in which you might think are required for love and going straight to the source, or rather, being the source yourself, that which is Love, unconditional."





I want to be love above everything else. Love is my religion, my hope, my reason for each breath. But not only to receive it, but to give it, with every ounce in me. When someone hurts, I hurt. Empathy runs thick in my veins. 

"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it," - Audrey Hepburn.

These people are people I try to model my life after. Positive role models are seemingly hard to find in today's society where the general consensus is that everyone is looking out for themselves in the worst way possible.

Granted, I try to look out for myself, but in a much more open and loving way. Which basically means that I look out for myself eventually. It's just how I am. I help others first and then I help myself. But right now, as far as relationships go...it's me time. It's not selfish, it's just knowing what I need to be able to help others. Love yourself before you can love another. Be love. 

That's what I think every warrior queen should do. Love herself (himself). Be love. Share the love. 

love love love





P.S. Tomorrow is International Women's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...