photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Big Changes, Big Problems

I like to use the phrase "Be the Change" when I talk about the type of life I try to lead. That coupled with "Move in Your Own Way" << The catchy tagline Thom added to the magazine logo...=] I'm wondering how many people know what I actually mean by this.

I'm a firm believer that nothing in life is static except for the fact that things will continuously be changing. I strive for stability but it is something I will never completely reach. There is always something interrupting everything else, but that's a good thing. That's life.

Looking around the world at problems globally, nationally, locally, and within my own relationships, I see that that there are a lot of changes that need to / should be changed so that things can be better. I'm always striving to better myself, to better everything.

The way I see it though, big changes aren't going to cut it. Big changes are hard to implement and harder to keep. Look at how hard it's been for Obama to make true his promise for "free" healthcare. Small changes are what we need. The grass-roots movements are always the most effectual.

"You can't change the world, but you can make a dent," - Smoochy

I feel like the same goes for relationships. Big changes are just going to backfire on you. It takes a small commitment everyday for things to work - an affirmation that you want things to work in a certain way.

[[ It's the little things that really get me too. A surprise or a note or a kiss means more to me than a big proclamation of love like the purchase of expensive jewelry or a trip somewhere. I like to appreciate these things! ]]

So before you go making promises up the wazoo that you're gonna make the biggest change, remember that there's always going to be opposition met and it's going to be hard. So try making the little changes first. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...