photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Girl Cruelty and Jealousy

One thing that I really don't think I could ever understand is truly having negative feelings for someone I've never met and then trying to do something to ruin her life. I'm talking about hatred, mixed with a large dose of the green-eyed monster.

What is the appeal? It's a waste of time. It's a waste of emotion that breeds more negativity  and ill-will and you can literally make yourself sick with that stuff.

Why bother?

Nine times out of ten I can guarantee the ill-wisher is hurt more than their victim. Take the Venezuela Canoe story, for example.

This girl was very jealous of my friend because the guy she liked was hanging out with my friend a lot. They were not dating, my friend had a boyfriend. This girl ended up calling and leaving my friend a loong message. The best part of the message was "Why don't you just get back in your canoe and row back to Venezeula and BE A SLAVE"

Now, of course I quoted the funniest part. But this girl thought that that would really insult my friend. The moral? My friend laughs over this for months AFTER. I even got to listen to it and laugh - and I met her over a year after it happened.

Of course this jealousy always seems to be over a guy. It's easy to take the one thing that can make someone the most insecure (love) and twist it into bad things. It's not worth it.

Shouldn't you be happy with yourself without it?

Oh I know it's tempting, believe me. I've had my fair share of girl cruelty moments egged on by my insecurities. Luckily I have amazing support who remind me that I'm better than that. Which I am.

But what I'm not above is making the public declaration that it seems these acts are always d one against the strongest girls, emotionally. The girls who are happy, don't show insecurity and who love almost everyone.

((I assure you, we have insecurities too, don't be envious of us))

The dream girls. The warrior queens. Don't let their mean words, thoughts, and actions break you. We have something far more attractive...love for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...