photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Opportunities

Audrey Hepburn once said: "Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them."


These words could not be more true in my life right now, and, though you may not see it, In yours too. 


I'm a firm believer that every day we are faced with an opportunity in some aspect of our lives. It could be the opportunity to meet someone new and make a new friend. Or like for me tomorrow, an opportunity to get an internship at a magazine. 


So as I sit here scanning the website of the magazine to make the most of the interview, I realize I'm completely unprepared. I've done countless job interviews but never one for a magazine. 


Yet here's the opportunity. I have to seize it. I can't let my doubts or fears stop me from doing my best and thinking that I have it in the bag. Let's be honest, there's probably a chance that I could get the internship. They obviously liked my resume enough to set up an interview. Points for me. As far as how the interview goes? That's all up to me and my attitude. 


You see, in interviews, your answers to the questions are only 50% of what they're looking for. Personality and attitude is the other half. So if you go in with a positive attitude that I've got this then chances are, you probably have it. 


Now, I'm not going to go in feeling like they're lucky if they pick me and if not it's their loss. On the contrary, this is a learning experience. They could love me or they could hate me but either way I've learned something for the next time and I've taken the opportunities life is handing to me.


As humans we waste too much time being scared of our opportunities. We're scared of failure, when in truth, failure is the only thing that keeps us trying harder.


So take every opportunity you're faced with, why live your life any other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...