photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Warrior of Warrior Queen

Dear ladies of Warrior Queen,
If you have been following us for a little while you are aware, or possibly not, that there is a Warrior (or warrior king) helping with the warrior queen. I will remain nameless, but for those of you who do not know me, lets call me Jason. I am a guy, I have simple ideas and I believe firmly in the mission statement of Warrior Queen (in fact I helped write it). 



I have been lucky enough to have been surrounded by women who are confident, or so I thought, throughout my entire life. It has taken me almost 20 years to learn a few things about “confident” women. First off, there are two different types of confident women. There are women who are confident in themselves and there are women who have confidence given to them by the outside world. WELL I am here to tell you, the more confident you are in the beauty that you have, the more beautiful you become. Have you ever known someone who at first did not seem that attractive to you, but the more you got to know them the more attractive they became?


 On the opposite side of that I have a close friend who is not confident in herself. She cannot see that she is beautiful, no matter how many people tell her, and as harsh as it may be it almost makes her less attractive to the actually good class of men. And yes, I promise that there are a better class of men than the lying, cheating, D***** bags that most of you seem to surround yourselves with. I am not saying that we are easy to find, nor am I saying that we are perfect in any way. But those of us that like to think of ourselves, as the “good guys” want a girl who is confident. The problem that my friend has is that, she is seen as an easier target for the guys who are less than adequate. She embodies what they go for, a girl who does not believe in herself, who is not confident enough to know that she can find someone else.  My friend stayed in a horrible relationship for way too long, she will give a million reasons for it, but the truth was she got comfortable, and she wasn’t confident enough in herself to believe that someone else would come along and make her happier than she ever knew possible.


 The thing, at least for me, is not if a girl is the next super model, or the “hottest” girl at the party, it is what she perceives herself to be. I am not going to lie to you; one of my longest relationships was with a girl who, though incredibly beautiful to me, was not someone who would cause you to stare if you walked by. But to me, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She was the girl who could smile at me, and melt my heart. And EVERY GIRL reading this right now deserves that.. Every girl deserves to be with a guy who wakes up every morning thanking his lucky stars that he found you. Because it does not matter if you are perfect, it matters that you know that you are worth it. Most of the guys that girls say they want, want a girl who is not only happy with who she is, but knows who she is and embraces it. 


My sister is the perfect example of this. She knows (or thinks) that she is not the most beautiful girl, and that she is a little nerdy, but she embraces it with all of her heart. She knows that there is going to be a guy out there that is going to love the fact that she is a person who would rather spend a night sipping tea and reading a book than going to a club and partying it up. 


And every girl reading this right now, can learn something from that. 


Joe Nichols has a song called gimme that girl. It is a favorite of mine for many reasons. The main reason is that the lyrics speak towards what I personally, want and look for in a girl. “Gimme a girl that's beautiful Without a trace of makeup on Barefoot in the kitchen, singing her favorite song Dancin' aroun' like a fool Starin' in her own little show Gimme the girl that the rest of the world ain't lucky enough to know.” 


Now NOT ONLY is this what I look for in a girl, but girls, you need to start looking for a guy who sees all of these things in you. There are countless songs about being who you are and that being beautiful. Every girl reading this should know that someone is going to see you for what you are. I am going to leave you now with these words from Jaron and the Long Road Home, in their song You’re Beautiful.
Babe, you coulda gone with RomeoBut you let him go And you stayed with me instead And every day I find new ways that make you beautifulYou're beautiful and thats beautifulWhat's she doing with a guy like me?You're so cool and I'm high tea.I don't deserve toHave a girl as beautiful as you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...