photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why?

Hello friends!

I'm sorry, once again, I went missing. But! I'm still here. Anyway I'd like to share a thought with you, an experience I had today.

Recently, this question has crossed my mind various times, as I'm sure it has yours also:

Why?

We may ask on terms of pure curiosity, amusement and/or in search for an answer in relation to the things that happen in life. It's perfectly normal too, to ask the question. We've been doing it ever since we were young.

I am a server at The Lazydog Cafe and I helped a wonderful couple today. They were fun to talk to. They told me about their dog that they have been training to become a service dog for Alzheimer's patients for the past 4 years. They rescued him from the pound, as he was an abused dog. Interestingly, they told me that the dog tends to have a bad reaction to certain people. Why? It's very likely that this dog has developed a barrier against people that remind him of the days he was abused.

As a result, the couple told me that the dog has come a long way since they first took him in. It made me happy to see and hear how proud they were of this dog. Yet, I couldn't help but ask, Why? Why do people think it's okay to abuse of animals in such ways?

Sadly, I may not ever know the answer to this. It's more than likely that no one will. Yet, not having the answer didn't stop this couple from trying to turn this situation around. What I'm getting at here is that, there are some questions we will never be able to know the answer to and others that we will. Whichever the one, we should try to find a way to turn our why into how. How can I change this situation for the better? It's important to remember though that it's also important to recognize when we have the power to change a situation or not. However, this couple is a great example of the former. No one asked them to do what they have done for this dog and the patients he will soon be able to help.

It warmed my heart to know: that the good in people still exists, that there are plenty of people that don't think it's okay to abuse of animals, and most importantly that there are ways to change the bad for good.

So now I ask you, how can (and will) you try to turn a situation around?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...