photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

TLC for Me

I know I've posted about this before but I think we all need a little reminder about personal TLC. :)

For the past few weeks my roommates and I have been on a little bit of an emotional roller coaster (without realizing it). We're all having a little bit of drama and it's really stressing us out. Of course we're there for each other but you can't really feel better until you give yourself some TLC.

On Saturday, I was sad pretty much all day. I sat on the couch and slept, and I never do things like that. I'm usually the girl running around happy trying to cheer everyone up. But my happy meter was a little too low that day. Of course my friends ended up kidnapping me and taking me to do the smallest little things (entertaining dinner, night hike on the beach to look at the stars and have an adventure) and my night was absolutely amazing.

So on Sunday, after I had gotten a little bit out of my funk I remembered that the state of your bedroom is representative of your state of mind. OH BOY. My room was a complete disaster...and I'm basically always a hot mess. So I cleaned. It's clean now and I feel sooo much more organized and comfortable.

The next step on my TLC? Retail Therapy!!!
Now that was fun, and drained my bank account. But definitely worth it. There's nothing like making yourself feel great when you're down in the dumps!

Other proven methods that work:
Gym time (endorphins!!)
serene walks on the beach
mani/pedis
making art
church
journaling
rocking out to music...

What are your favorite ways to pamper yourself when you're feeling less than 100% you?
-Raewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...