photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy Piercings

So, as I said last night, I got my tragus pierced. Which, until my friend got it done a few months ago, I was unaware of what in the world it was. It's the little piece of cartiledge that is opposite your ear. (this is a picture of mine)
I've always been afraid to get a cartilage piercing because I've heard from my family members (all of whom I thought had EVERYTHING pierce-able pierced, until recently of course) it is very painful and takes forever to heal. Last night, I obviously succumbed to the allure of piercings (and my friend's desperate pleas that I get a cartilage piercing as well!). Since last night, the idea of the things people pierce has been intriguing me.

Such as, I didn't think it was possible to pierce your wrists, until i saw my friend's photographs. Not to mention back dimples? Who would have thought that could be cute?! But then there are the crazy piercings that totally boggle my mind and amaze me at the same time.

Never in a million years would i dream of getting the back of my neck pierced...or my scalp! But people do it! It's so crazy and just shows how far the need to be different can stretch.

All I can really think of is: wow - high pain tolerance and some crazy ideas!!

I googled this website
for more crazy piercings - what a concept! (and I thought I was the one amongst my friends who was more radical!)




P.S. I hope this piercing heals before it's riding season!! Because an infected ear + my helmet can not make for a good trip to the desert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...