photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, August 31, 2009

Pointless Ramblings about School

Today was my much anticipated first day of school! I never notice how much I miss school until I take a loong break. And, BOY, was this break a looong one! [[5 months]].

There is just something about the first day of classes and back to school shopping that puts me in a state of euphoria. My mom took my brother and I back to school shopping today. We spent 200 dollars. ON SCHOOL SUPPLIES. Mostly, it's because my little bro and I are very obsessive (OCD) so we like to buy a lot of post it notes (me) and pens (him). But this whole thing was just so much fun! We were being silly and having a blast together! It's been hard to get my brother in a happy mood for us lately, so this was much needed.

So, I got my new beautifully colored notebooks and folders and post it notes and PINK Breast Cancer Awareness pens. I packed them in my backpack and headed for school. I started at Orange Coast College today. It's a big change from Ohio State, and in typical Raewyn-fashion, I was freaking out! I didn't know where to park or where my class was, etc! I'm sure I was a hilarious sight to be seen.

But I made my way to the library, honestly, there is something that is just so peaceful and comforting about a library. I wish I spent more time in them! And I found my friend! She ended up petitioning my class (photojournalism). We are super stoked about this! Me because I'm a journalist and looove photography, her because she's a documentary filmmaker!

Our teacher is the photo editor for the LA times...which means yet another connection for me when I get out in the world! YAY! I need to impress him with my photography skills so I can get a job! Tomorrow I have Public Speaking, and then the next two days after that philosophy and cultural anthropology.

I don't know what it is about school, but it makes me feel so complete, like I have something to look forward to - I'm working toward something! I swear I'm always gonna be a student!

This entry was pretty much pointless, but I am just so excited for the opportunities a new semester brings! I hope everyone else has a good school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...