photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Breakin' Dishes

Have you ever heard the song by Rhianna, "Breakin Dishes?"

I'm breakin' dishes up in here
All night (uh huh)
I ain't gonna stop until I see police lights (uh huh)
I'm a fight a man (tonight)
I'm a fight a man (tonight)
I'm a fight a man
It's one of the favorites off of the first Warrior Queen CD because nothing can quite satisfy that frustration like throwing dishes can! I never knew how exhilarating it could be until i went to Sarah's Smash Shack yesterday in San Diego. [[WHICH IS AMAZING, and I recommend it to anyone!]]

We first discovered Sarah's Smash Shack from a TV commercial and a recommendation from a friend who lives in San Diego. She has never gone, but she had heard about it. We've been planning a Smash Shack date since last October but it hasn't seemed to work out. Ideally, we would get all of the girls together to break dishes and have a party there [they do host events]. Although, we didn't quite get the RSVP's we had hoped for, my mom and a friend and her mom chose to accompany me to check out the Smash Shack. And BOY! was it a blast!!

Don't get me wrong, the Smash Shack, is by no means strictly for girls - it's just a place for anyone to go and break things [[almost anything you want, you can order off the menu or bring in your own stuff]] It's pretty affordable, we each paid 30 dollars for a "mystery box" of ten dishes (Thanks for paying for me momma!!).

The recommend making reservations if you're going in with more than a couple of people, so I called ahead. When we walked in we signed waivers and chose from their menu of things to break [[my favorite was the photo frames, but I didn't have any pictures to break]].

Next step? Putting on our safety gear! Sarah's Smash Shack provides you with jumpsuits, boots (if you don't wear proper closed-toe shoes), masks and gloves. Once you gear up they take you to the "Break Room" and let you have your way with the breakables. The coolest part about all of this? You can write whatever you want on them!! We wrote lyrics, feelings, drew pictures, etc!

Also, they let us take pictures throughout the session!!

Here's My Photo Album

So basically, if you're in downtown San Diego, Sarah's Smash Shack is a MUST visit!! Keep your eye out for our warrior queen day! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...