photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Honeymoon Period

Ohh, the Honeymoon period. I think that it is, without a doubt, one of my favorite parts of a relationship. In that moment, anything seems possible because of course this relationship is going to last forever, this person in front of you is the person who is going to save you, he's the one that deserves you - who you've saved your heart for all of these years! He's going to erase all of the pain that anyone has ever caused you!

But the reality is, no one but you is capable for the last part. And honestly, nothing in your life is going to be completely flawless - especially relationships.

My friend called me crying today because of a slight disagreement with her boyfriend. I think she's starting to realize the honeymoon period - everything is changing and things are gonna normalize. But doing normal everyday things isn't horrible. Essentially isn't that what we all want in the end: to be married doing everyday things with our person?

The test of a true relationship is if you can overcome the honeymoon period and then all of the fights and misunderstandings that follow the end of the honeymoon. There's always going to be something to nitpick about, but also, something to look forward to.

I'm beginning to realize the honeymoon period works for everything, not just relationships. A new job - I always love it at first (the true test is if I ALWAYS love it); starting school (classes always seem sooo much fun at first); a new hair style, etc etc.

So, at what point is the honeymoon period over? And how is the smoothest way to transition into contentedness?


P.S. I just got my tragus pierced, at what point does this honeymoon period end? Because I still LOVE my nose piercing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...