photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dreams

"A goal is a dream with a deadline," - Anonymous

Have you ever been working toward a goal and then became slightly side-tracked for several years because of extenuating circumstances?

I have.

Time for a little background:
When I was in high school, my best friends were a year above me and I never had class with any of them. However they were all in yearbook. Sophomore year I decided to attempt to join the yearbook class to be with them. The class was full but the teacher liked me and stuck me into journalism instead. As per my usual enthusiasm, I went at it with all I had and by the first month i was a writer, photographer, editor AND I did layout. I slowly began to learn everything there was to do to run a newspaper. The editor in chief called me her protege. I was to be assistant editor in chief my junior year and editor in chief my senior year. As it worked out, I WAS second in command my junior year - desktop editor, aka I was in charge of the entire layout of the newspaper - however, most of the time I was doing the editor in chief's job alongside her. Doubtlessly, I was editor in chief my senior year. Somewhere in that span of time, I fell in love with journalism and it became my life passion. I spent about 30 hours a week for 9 months of the year for 3 years working on this newspaper. It was my life, my baby.
So obviously, when I moved away to Ohio to pursue that dream at Ohio State University....but didn't work on anything journalism related until this past fall...I began feeling a little off track.

It started freshman year, but I thought I was getting it back when I was accepted into the journalism program. Something was still missing though. Then I took my news editing class and i felt AMAZING because I was writing again. But the quarter ended and something was still missing.

I've gone through a lot of changes since my senior year of high school; for both the better and worse. I lost sight of who I was for awhile and I've been trying to build it back. I've felt almost completely like the person I want to be again but there was still ONE thing missing.

I think I've found it. I think that when I got that internship today -- WHICH BY THE WAY I'M NOW AN INTERN!! -- I found what was missing in my life.

So many things emotionally have gone wrong in the last 3 weeks, but I am HAPPY and EXCITED for my future because I found that missing puzzle piece and again, I'm on my way toward my goal.

If you're feeling a little side tracked - just get out there and try one more time. =]
You might get exactly what you were looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...