photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Friday, December 25, 2009

Love, Family, Holidays

My Christmases are always very crazy. We have such a large "family" that it's tough to see everyone on Christmas or the days surrounding it. A lot of the time we end up exchanging Christmas gifts in February, May, October...you know...MONTHS later. I'm okay with that. I like that. I like how crazy my family is.

Lately, it's been full of changes. Not bad changes, some are VERY good, but most are just...different. I'm always a big advocate of change even though I sometimes drag my feet into it. Not this time though. I like the outcome. It's what makes us, us. What I'm trying to say is, these differences with my Christmases, didn't change the one thing that matters most to me: the love i give and the love I receive.

Even that has been growing...last year I found new people to love and gained another family. Through everything, I know they're going to love me no matter what. They accepted me, as Trevor's girlfriend. But now, just as me. Granted, I'll still get introduced as that to new people, but I'm a fixture in their lives and I love it. I love the way that I go and visit Dani and the kids without him.

I'm very big on family. But it doesn't necessarily mean blood family. Some of my blood relatives I haven't spoken to since I was 6. But someone has always stepped in, and for that I am eternally grateful. I love my Hester family, though we aren't related by blood. They've always accepted us in as one of their own.

What I'm trying to say is, that on Christmas, I hope you spent time with the people you love. OR at least told them how much you love them.

Not only that though, why can't we show this love on a daily basis? I try my hardest to. Don't give me the excuse that we're too busy in our lives. Love encompasses you always. All it takes is a minute to say those eight letters in three words:

I love you.

P.S. Check this out: http://beachnerbum.blogspot.com/
It's a really good blog post about girls and immaturity, in general.
P.P.S. lookit my new ring <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...