photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, March 18, 2013

From Hot Mess to Organized Challenge: Week 3


I hope you have had better luck keeping your car clean than I have. It technically is an accomplishment since there is not very much in my car, and no trash but there still is a slight mess. My big problem is that I work 6 days a week and keep my work clothes in the car. Often I change in the car too, so I have about two outfits in my car. That's better than before!

This week, I wanted to tell you about how I keep my eating habits organized / healthy-ish, considering I work at a restaurant who mostly sells wings and other bar foods. The trick [for me] is to eat something healthy for breakfast.




I'm not a breakfast person. AT ALL. I mean, I love breakfast, just not in the morning, or at least for the first few hours after I wake up. Of course, it is better for you to start the day with food in your system. 

While researching a way to solve this problem of mine, I came across Monica at The Yummy Life's Make-Ahead Oatmeal Smoothies. [My favorite is her Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter]. We've never looked back [although I have started changing the recipes and making it my own].  On Sundays, I prep 5 smoothies for the week, each with three servings for my mom, fiance and myself. Then they all go into the freezer [except for the smoothie for Monday].

Each night I switch the smoothie from freezer to fridge and the next morning when my mom wakes up for work she reblends it and takes some. Then my fiance takes some and I finish it off. These smoothies definitely keep us full until lunch time and, with my alterations, have almost everything we need save for protein. 

Ingredients
  • Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • Flaxseed
  • Chia Seed
  • Amazing Grass Green Berry Superfood [Acai and Goji for the antioxidants]
  • Fruit [I've used strawberries, bananas, kiwi, peach, mango, passionfruit, plum, raspberries]
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Coconut Milk
  • Sometimes Vanilla
  • Sometimes Chocolate Avocado Mousse [my mom makes it, but here is a recipe online]
  • Sometimes Nutella
Monica makes a note that these should be soaked in the fridge before frozen and for a minimum of 4 hours. Sometimes I forget this and the consistency feels off. I've also noted that when my concoctions are too sweet adding a banana mellows the taste out. 

Enjoy these delicious breakfast smoothies!
Raewyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...