photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Friday, March 1, 2013

Welcome Back, Warrior Queens

Image compiled by a friend, from images found on google. 

Today, is Self Injury Awareness Day, a movement that is very close to my heart. As you may have noticed over the years, I have a deep commitment to helping, understanding, supporting and loving those who self- injure. TWLOHA is my favorite organization to support and align myself.

I must say, and you probably have noticed, by my lack of posting, that I've been a little caught up in my own life lately. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it's not a very Raewyn thing to do. So much has been going on (like usual) but instead of turning to my WQ's, I've chosen the reclusive path. This path is not always negative, and can often lead to self-discovery. At some point I needed to put myself back out there and stop thinking about me, my life, my bad news, my good news, my plans, my friends, my family, etc. I'm the type of person who doesn't function well like that, and by helping people, I always help myself.



So while I can't say that I have ever injured myself physically to relieve the pain I feel, I can say that I do "self-injure." I think those nasty thoughts and I dig myself into those holes, and some days I find myself snapping a rubber band on my wrist because that is the closest I could ever get to cutting.

Today, helped me snap out of that feeling. While browsing Instagram this morning, I came across TWLOHA's post and then awhile later a dear friend of mine that has struggled with self-injury for years, and who I've always done my best to support, posted on FB tagging me in the above image. I'm sure she did not realize that I needed this reminder as much as her, but I did. So thank you, for snapping me out of my days with blinders on my eyes, going through the motions. Thank you for re-awakening my passion and motivation for WQ, which for months now I've been speaking about getting back to blogging, planning in my head, half-planning on paper and never just opening the computer and writing.

Which would be why this post has become one of my on and on babbling posts. Welcome Back Warrior Queens. We've got a lot of work to do. So let's start today with some ORANGE and a reminder to support those around us, because they could be silently suffering and hiding their scars (whether on their skin, or on their thoughts).

Have a beautiful day,

Raewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...