photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Rightfooted

I don't think I've introduced to you what i call my Thursday posts. I like to think of Thursdays as Thankful Thursdays. 




On this day I like to post something I do to show thanks, use to show thanks or something I am thankful for.

This week, I am thankful for my arms and hands! I don't really sit back and appreciate all that I can do because I have them. I have never broken a bone or been unable to use my arms, knock on wood. I am a writer, and a baker, a craft lover, quad writer, driver and server. I use my arms in everything i do.





Last week my eyes were open to how underappreciative i am. I saw on Indiegogo this project to make a documentary called Rightfooted about Jessica Cox who was born without arms.


But of course she didn't let that stop her. Instead she went out and made her life. Among other things, she got her pilots license and is now in the Guinness Book of World Records for it.

The documentary [and of course her life] isn't about getting into the Book. Instead, like all of our lives should be, it is about overcoming any obstacles, appreciation and living our lives as we want them.

The project deadline is almost up on Indiegogo and they've reached their initial goal. Any donations though are welcome so they could do more with their project [next step is editing]. I know i want to see this documentary so let's make it happen Warrior Queens!

Don't forget to appreciate your life,
Raewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...