photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Listening

My friends are my life. I know that sounds cliche and/or like I'm channeling the narrator of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower;" however it's the truth.

I hate hate hate hate hate seeing my friends upset. Even if I barely know them. It's the reason I want to start my magazine and have this blog - to help others. I hate seeing people upset and I become a close friend to many strangers quickly because I take the time to listen. I know I'm always running my mouth but I love to listen. I really feel hardly anyone listens anymore. By this I don't mean people don't hear the words that are being said. I mean that they don't LISTEN to the the emotion; the body language; the past, present, future; the words that are not being spoken.

It's easy to make someone's day. All it takes is a little effort. Honestly. One text. One how are you? 2, maybe 10 minutes out of your day.

But, really, everyone is just too busy for that. But it's not real busyness - it's all busy work. Believe me, I'm the queen of busy work. I'm always doing something - I HATE being idle. But, I like to check up on my friends.

I mean, how hard is it to think of someone else for 30 seconds and let them know you're thinking of them? I like to text my friends on Mondays. (because I have a belief that Mondays are the worst days of the week) I'll text them something simple, an "i love you" "i'm thinking of you" or "i hope you have a fabulous day!" 9 of the 10 people reply with "thank you, that just made my day."

See how simple it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...