Specifically, a modern feminist tends to:
* believe that there are no meaningful differences between men and women - 1
* oppose chivalry and even feign insult at harmless displays of it - 2
* view traditional marriage as unacceptably patriarchal
* shirk traditional gender activities, like baking - 3
* support affirmative action for women
* detest women who are happy in traditional roles, such as housewives,and especially dislike those who defend such roles - 4
* prefer that women wear pants rather than dresses, presumably because men do
* seek women in combat in the military just like men, and coed submarines
* refuse to take her husband's last name when marrying
* distort historical focus onto female figures, often overshadowing important events (Eg: Henry VIII's wives take precedence in common knowledge to his actual reign.)
* object to being addressed as "ma'am"
wow, I definitely hate baking because its SOO stereotypically a woman's duty.
Of course my first reaction was WOW. I need to go to this website. Because, yes, I consider myself a feminist. Not a feminazi who hates all males in existence, but I am a very big advocate of women. You know the song “anything you can do I can do better”? That was my motto throughout my childhood. When boys tried to boss me around or called me mean things or hit me with a ball I would march over to them and give them an earful. Of course, if they called me four-eyes...well, let's just say I dealt with that in a much more “girly” fashion – tears and tattling. [[Hey, every girl has her vice!]]
So basically...I want to address the things that I think are a little ludicrous for people to believe...(numbered)
There is a distinct difference between men and women...physically alone. But as my anthropology teacher always says, women are VALUABLE because they can bear children. Men are dispensable and that's why they hunt [[haha, of course, that's not the reason men in America hunt]]
I like chivalry. It's cute.
I think it's a lot of fun to do “traditional gender activities” like baking...but I love to be pampered too =]
I think a woman should be whatever she wants to be. If that's a housewife who goes to college to find a husband I might think that's a definite waste of money but, it's your life...why should I care?!
I like to wear dresses. They make me feel prettyyyyy!! but I do wear shorts under them...because...I'm a klutz.
I think it's kinda cool that women get to choose their own last name at one point in their lives!!
SO I want to know thoughts on feminism. Is a warrior queen a feminist? Or is she just a strong, confident woman?
p.s. Www.conservapedia.com is the website that was found on...interesting to say the least.