photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Modern Feminism

Yesterday I was bored and reading MySpace bulletins and came across one that looked pretty promising. The subject was “HAHAHAHA thanks conservapedia.” Instantly, I knew I had to read it. This is what I found:

Specifically, a modern feminist tends to:

* believe that there are no meaningful differences between men and women - 1
* oppose chivalry and even feign insult at harmless displays of it - 2
* view traditional marriage as unacceptably patriarchal
* shirk traditional gender activities, like baking - 3
* support affirmative action for women
* detest women who are happy in traditional roles, such as housewives,and especially dislike those who defend such roles - 4
* prefer that women wear pants rather than dresses, presumably because men do
* seek women in combat in the military just like men, and coed submarines
* refuse to take her husband's last name when marrying
* distort historical focus onto female figures, often overshadowing important events (Eg: Henry VIII's wives take precedence in common knowledge to his actual reign.)
* object to being addressed as "ma'am"
wow, I definitely hate baking because its SOO stereotypically a woman's duty.



Of course my first reaction was WOW. I need to go to this website. Because, yes, I consider myself a feminist. Not a feminazi who hates all males in existence, but I am a very big advocate of women. You know the song “anything you can do I can do better”? That was my motto throughout my childhood. When boys tried to boss me around or called me mean things or hit me with a ball I would march over to them and give them an earful. Of course, if they called me four-eyes...well, let's just say I dealt with that in a much more “girly” fashion – tears and tattling. [[Hey, every girl has her vice!]]


So basically...I want to address the things that I think are a little ludicrous for people to believe...(numbered)


  1. There is a distinct difference between men and women...physically alone. But as my anthropology teacher always says, women are VALUABLE because they can bear children. Men are dispensable and that's why they hunt [[haha, of course, that's not the reason men in America hunt]]

  2. I like chivalry. It's cute.

  3. I think it's a lot of fun to do “traditional gender activities” like baking...but I love to be pampered too =]

  4. I think a woman should be whatever she wants to be. If that's a housewife who goes to college to find a husband I might think that's a definite waste of money but, it's your life...why should I care?!

  5. I like to wear dresses. They make me feel prettyyyyy!! but I do wear shorts under them...because...I'm a klutz.

  6. I think it's kinda cool that women get to choose their own last name at one point in their lives!!



SO I want to know thoughts on feminism. Is a warrior queen a feminist? Or is she just a strong, confident woman?


p.s. Www.conservapedia.com is the website that was found on...interesting to say the least.



3 comments:

  1. I think you are lying on the border between feminist and strong, confident woman. Love your #1, we are valuable, but many woman are choosing not to have children. So, I guess that brings us back to being equal?

    I did spend a lot on my education and I am at home, but not forever. And I do have a couple things up my sleeve! I do not just sit at home and zone out to Yo Gabba Gabba all day...this brain of mine has been doing a lot of thinking! I just have to start doing the "acting" to carry my thoughts out!

    btw, go to statcounter.com and set up a free basic account so you can see where your traffic is coming to and who is coming to your site. It will give you an idea on where you want to promote your blog at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raewyn, I'm totally one of those girls that just wants to be a housewife haha...everyone jokes that I "just wanna pop out babies" but that's not all. I'm in no way opposed to getting a job (if necessary) to help my man out. Women control the world more than men really admit. For one thing, we do control who gets to reproduce and who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...