photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dating Tips from Looking For Love Online [Guest Post]

While I'm honeymooning in Europe, a few wonderful bloggers will be taking over my blog! I am so excited to be sharing these ladies with you! I've got a real treat for you today! I was able to score a guest post from Looking for Love Online - an anonymous blog about dating!

_______________



I'm so excited to be doing my very first guest post :) 

My blog is about my online dating "adventures" and stories about some of the weirdos I've met.
I'm single, 23 years old, and I'm not skinny.



Where all my single ladies at? 




Let's talk about dating:
If you've ever been on a date you've experienced a little bit of hesitation, nervous behaviors, and possibly cold feet.


What if this guy doesn't look like his pictures?
What if he is quiet during the meal?
What if he doesn't like me?
What if he creeps me out?
What if he's a mass murderer?


We've ALL experienced those first date flutters, but sometimes the dates turn out better than planned.

Dating should be a fun experience as well as a learning experience. Don't ever bail on a date because you feel like it'll be a waste of time. Here are some positive things that come from a date with someone you know you won't be spending the rest of your life with:


  1. Networking skills: This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to create conversations with people you might feel uncomfortable around. You may find yourself in your future career having to converse with men and women that you don't necessarily like.
  2. Etiquette: Going out on a date hopefully typically includes a nice sit down meal. Now, I was raised in the south, so I was taught manners. Sometimes our table manners aren't the best, so practice makes perfect!
  3. New Discoveries: When the topic of the first physical meeting arises, suggest a place you've never been before. You could also suggest something you've wanted to cross off your bucket list that's within reason, of course.
  4. Be Yourself: Most of the time, us ladies are constantly trying to set the bar higher and higher. Take these first dates to practice showing these guys who you really are without the bigger horse. Again, practice makes perfect.
  5. Show off new outfits: Uhm, hello! What girl doesn't want to do this?! You just bought a new dress on sale and got the shoes on sale, too?! Now you have a perfectly good reason to show them off: Go on a date!

So, there ya have it. Dating doesn't always have to be so negative! If you get rejected just:



Nah.. just kidding, don't do that, but I love this quote! It always makes me feel better about my single-ness.
"I'm single because I was born that way." - Mae West

Thank you so much for taking over my blog as I'm gallivanting [and hopefully not freezing] in Europe!
 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity!! :)
    http://trueonlinelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...