photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

She’s Falling: Music to Save Your Soul


Bre Kennedy is a Warrior Queen.
Bre performong a solo show
So was her sister, Destiny, before she took her own life at 23. Last year while on a road trip through New Mexico she committed suicide.
Bre, an indie pop singer, wrote this passionately beautiful and harrowing song in the wake of her tragedy.
 

It’s inspirational. As a music lover, I found so much hope buried in this song. The words “If I could set you free, I wouldn’t want you to leave, no,” speak to me so much.

A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to interview Bre. Among learning about her life, I discovered she previously lived in the twon next to my hometown. Bre and her father moved to Orange County from Salt Lake City in 2007, but Destiny stayed in Utah.

Bre is hoping to work with organizations that support those who struggle with depression, such as TWLOHA, as well as women’s shelters.

She also feels it is especially important to reach out to those closest to us as often as possible because we may never know the troubles someone is going through.

Today, she lives her life exuding as much positive as she can. She’s focusing on building her musical career and hopes to inspire and change lives through it.

bre on stage at the townsend tribute

“She’s Falling” is available on iTunes and can be purchased here. Stay tuned for her appearance on Good Morning Utah on May 2! I will be sharing the link when I get back from Europe.
___________________

I want to introduce you to one of the coolest bloggers I’ve met – Miranda from Mermade Moments.

mirandaaboutme_zps74c0ffe6

If you were going on a European vacation, what is your must-see city and why?
Oh man. Paris, probably. It’s on my bucket list. I’ve always wanted to visit the Love Lock Bridge. Seeing the Eiffel Tower, eating a croissant from a small café, being totally, embarrassingly touristy. YES PLEASE.

What is your favorite way to volunteer in the Spring? 
The weather is so pretty during Spring in California. I like to volunteer outdoors as much as possible. My sister and nieces participate in park clean ups through their church and I like to join them whenever I can!
Do you have any spring time traditions? What are they? 
I don’t think I have any! Depressing. My boyfriend and I are supposed to be visiting a local Tulip Farm soon and I would LOVE to make that a tradition. Tulips are my favorite.
 

 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...