photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, July 7, 2014

Five Little Grins Link Up [Week 36]

5 Little Grins



 


We'll go ahead and say it: Most people think Mondays suck / are the worst / should die a fire-y death. I'm sure you get the picture.

We've all had our fair share of bad Mondays and bad Tuesdays and just plain ol' bad days. Instead of focusing on the bad, what if we focused on the good things?

What if we focused on the little things that made us smile today, yesterday, last week? Could our whole attitude change? In time, would we find that we're having more good days than bad?

Cassandra, Paulina and I would love for you to join us on our weekly link up counting at least 5 things that made you smile in the last week. We could start our Mondays on this positive note!

Of course, this is all about encouragement, so hop on over to some other blogs and leave a positive note and make a new friend!
The Rules! (These are really just kind suggestions)

1. Follow your hosts: Cassandra, Raewyn, and Paulina!

2. Link up your post that includes 5-ish things that made you smile in the past week

3. Comment after you link up

4. Go visit some other blogs and make some friends!

5. Have fun, and don't forget to smile!!
This week I'm smiling about...

1. Iman's opportunities at his job. I am so proud of everything he accomplishes.

2. Last month I almost reached 10k views!

3. Wonderful and supportive friends who come over last minute for an amazing night. (Oh, and those who surprise me in Vegas, even when I tell them I'm mad at them for lying to me)

4. Being able to work and make money.

5. Everyone who took care of my kitties last week!! I love those babies of mine!

Before we link up, here are some pictures of Vegas. Thanks Jess for letting me borrow your camera :) 

Our Vegas trip was free courtesy of a timeshare company trying to get our business. So we spent the morning of the 4th of July at an exquisite buffet listening to their sales pitch. But damn, look at that food. Definitely check out The Wicked Spoon in the Cosmopolitan for delicious food. The line is usually pretty long.


Crazy cool pic of the Cosmopolitan.


Everything looks so cool from below :P


The Cosmopolitan has crazy Chandeliers!!



Rain on our drive home.


Raindrops on my window


Boy selfies in the backseat. #iloveourfriends

 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

22 comments:

  1. I don't have anything to link up at the moment, but Cassandra's link goes straight to blogger versus her blog. Love this link up idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun in Vegas this past weekend! I wanna go there again so bad and eat at all their delicious buffets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when timeshares ask you to stay at their places for free. So worth having to sit through that presentation at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista KetterhagenJuly 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM

    How fun! I hope you had a super great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy always says he'd listen to ANY sales pitch if the trip or food is free haha. I'll have to tell him you guys did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I was going to put your guys' name down but wasn't sure if you would want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we actually got to stay at our usual hotel but the trip was free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was actually my first buffet since a kid. We always eat at Mr. Lucky's for breakfast. I love Vegas. I go all the time =X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so weird. Let me fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going to be getting the chance to link up this week, but I might next week! I will be taking the spirit of this link-up with me throughout the rest of the day, though. It's been a rough one (death in the family) and staying grateful for the little things - even if it is just the way my crazy pups play with each other - is keeping a smile on my face. I love that you girls do a link up that has people "training" themselves to think in gratitude and with positivity!

    xoxo,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this link up idea! I was just thinking "well, it's a monday" as I tried to start my car without putting the key in the ignition. We all need reasons to smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. we did one of those too! :) it's so hard saying no.. where did you end up staying?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooo 10k!!! That's awesome girl! :) That food looks sooo delicous. Is that a pot full of peaches?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! Exactly! We all need a little something to smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! I would love to take you to Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hard Rock Hotel! We always stay there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! And no, it's crockpot of mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on almost 10k! Love the Vegas photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this link up idea!! Great positive way to start the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much!! I can always start my week off positively :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...