photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekly Warrior Queen Links #1




Lately, I've been trying to figure out how to take this blog back to its roots. If you've been reading for awhile, you know that I originally only posted about warrior queen things - women's issues, girl stuff, relationships, etc. It wasn't very personal. Last year, I decided to make everything more personal and since then my following has grown immensely.

You guys like to know about my life and you like my lifestyle blog. My most popular posts are usually my wedding posts, but they are followed by the heartfelt "warrior queen" posts and do good posts that I love to write. My struggle with those posts is that they're extremely emotionally draining to write consecutively.




I like to live my life by constantly trying to make it better and make things better while remembering to revel in every moment. When I write warrior queen posts (i.e. posts about friendship and women's rights) I get really passionate and that passion grows and grows and then I get overwhelmed and let it fizzle out.

I'm hoping to be able to give you two posts per day. Something personal or fun and lifestyle-ish and something warrior queen. That's probably a few months down the line, but I'd like to re-introduce Warrior Queen links. I used to write these and/or news blurbs back in 2009 and really enjoyed it.

I want it to keep me searching for ways to better our lives as women and to empower ourselves and each other. Some links will be fun / funny, others will be touching and others might make you angry. I'm hoping the ones that make you angry, make you angry enough to make a change - to fight for the cause.

I know as bloggers we are always looking to better our blogs and our reader's experience. It has always been my biggest blog goal because I really want to turn you all into Warrior Queen magazine readers - which, may happen online within the next 6 months. Big goals are my favorite goals.

With these Weekly Warrior Queen links, I would LOVE it if you would submit links to me! I'm creating a new page for you to submit links and stories to me. They can be blog posts (in fact, many of them may be others' blog posts), articles and more!

I'm so excited and I hope you are, as well. There is no better way to live life than to be constantly learning and raising our own awareness!

Without further ado (and more blabbing) here are this week's links:

Maggielola's The Lady Leader Series looks promising. She writes about the transition to professional life, answering all of our questions. The series will be starting next week!

Madeline shared Colbie Caillat's Try video on our Blogging Bestie's FB Group. The video is perfect!!

Little Boxes: Six Ways to Make Room for Bigger Truth on Everyday Feminism. I don't read Everyday Feminism as much as I used to, but I am going to start reading more because the articles are so challenging and eye opening.

I hope you enjoyed this link list! Let me know what you think :)
 photo name.jpg

p.s. coming soon an e-newsletter, too! Things are moving and shaking over here!

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

32 comments:

  1. waw, it would be magical Rae! I'd like to try someday x)
    Adorable plans bdw x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the same way. I can be very passionate about certain things and when people don't get on board.. it usually fizzles out for me. I love that you have big goals. :) Looking forward to the mag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas and your ambition. I understand firsthand how personalized blog posts can be draining and sometimes you're burnt out. I would love to participate in the future if you'll have me for Weekly Warrior Queen. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you'd like! AmbyFelix@gmail.com I really admire your drive and commitment to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great goals for your blog, and it's good that you're setting them so you have something to strive for !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love the 'Try' video, but I've also loved Colbie for awhile. That one song with Jason Mraz is loooove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cosmetic SanctuaryJuly 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

    Goals are always good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these inspiring links! Great new feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!! I am the same way with my passion. That's why it's nice having a husband - built in passion support :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great feature! And the links are really interesting! I would love to read posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I think it's always a great thing to step back and look at perspective and see where we can improve. Good for you and thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Thank you so much! come back next weekend (I will post on Saturday or Sunday) for more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! You're welcome for sharing the links!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trying to keep with the original reason that you started a blog is hard. I am only 3 months in and I struggle to stay personal and not go where sponsors want me to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. good for you for writing about what you love and setting goals! excited to see more warrior queen posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Colbie Caillat can do no wrong! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. its important to have big goals! great to see you are following your heart and developing your blog how you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so excited about this link list! It's awesome that you're getting back to your roots! I love both your personal posts and the inspiring ones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is very difficult, especially because you should be growing and morphing! I know my blog goes as it should based on where I am in my life at the time. I haven't been shaped by sponsors yet, but I hope you stay true to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Jenn! that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much Tiffany! You've always been such an inspiration and so supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for featuring my series on your blog, Rae!

    With that, I just want to say this: Do you and Be you. Your audience will love that you're authentic and would be curious to know about your personal affairs without you writing about them. It's a good thing that you're sharing that with us, Rae. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, thank you so much Maggie! That means a lot to me! I love your series and have been loving getting to know your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...