photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

#SummerBloggerChallenge: Essentials

This summer I am participating in the #SummerBloggerChallenge. There will be a weekly topic and a link up with other bloggers. It's so fun! 



This week's prompt is to share either your summer essentials, or what's in your summer bag.

You might be able to guess that I am notoriously good at having a messy purse and / or not having everything I need with me. I'm a bit of a hot mess, if you haven't noticed.

So instead, I'm going to talk about my summer essentials! If they aren't in my bag, they're somewhere in my car, and I personally think that counts :)





1. UV Protecting Spray for Hair


I swear by this one. Everyone always tells me my hair is incredibly healthy considering how much I dye it. Seriously, I think ONCE my hair has felt dry and damaged and that was when it was bleached. Most of my hair care products are Garnier Fructis because of the way they incorporate fruit extracts and oils while still being affordable.

A few years back I fell in love with Sunsilk's UV Spray and found out they were discontinuing it and bought as many bottles as I can find and then used sparingly (aka for beach days only) for the past few years. I think I'm ready to get a new product and I'm juggling between these two.

Suncare Protective Hair Veil 
Protect Hair Shield

2. Tinted Moisturizer or BBCream


In the summer, I hate putting on ALL of the layers of stuff onto my face. I like to opt out of high maintenance and have only recently begun knowing how to do my makeup. I always start with my Garnier moisturizing gel because I'm addicted to that stuff. I'm not trying out a mineral sunscreen spf 30 from Coola courtesy of my Birchbox.

Tinted BBCream
Moisturizing Gel Cream




















3. Crop Tops

This summer I am totally in love with crop tops, even though my stomach isn't quite as flat as it used to be. I have this cute Red and White polka dot one that I'm wearing on Friday for the 4th of July! I absoutely love
the way I can wear a high waisted skirt with a crop top and feel totally confident with the way I look.

of course, I'm a bad blogger and no one took any pictures of me in my pink crop top. Stalk my Insta for 4th of July pix!

4. Sunscreen!

I've finally learned my lesson and I'm all over the sunscreen - especially on my tattoos!

5. White

Call me a bride, but in the past year I've become obsessed with wearing whites and tans and it is perfect for beach days! I'm looking for some pretty lightweight linen pants.

Ok, these VS pants are a necessity...#angelcardproblems


6. Sunglasses

Okay guys, it's my first summer since high school that I can wear sunglasses! I've accumulated so many pairs since I went from glasses to contacts that I need to find some new way to store them!



7. My Stereo Purse

I'm not 100% sure where it is right now, but this is my summer must every year. It's a purse...with SPEAKERS. Perfect for the beach. One of my best friends bought it for me in high school and I usually don't go to the beach without it.

Isn't it so cute?


8. Crochet Toms

I need to buy a new pair this year (and I just remembered do have a credit at Toms, I just have to call them to get my discount code). The crochet Toms are the perfect comfortable pair of shoes to wear with the summer look. My black pair got demolished when I wore them every day at summer camp - but they lasted three summers! The only downside is the tanlines! :)

This year I want them in white of course #obsessed


9.  Underwire Bikini

I finally have a bathing suit that gives me the support and comfort that I need!

Also, this is what Vegas 2013 looked like

10. VEGAS!

I mean, it might not be on your list of summer essentials. I'm all over those Vegas trips, and Vegas in the summer is beyond wonderful. Who needs an excuse to relax in the Hard Rock's lazy river??

Oh and gambling...

 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

59 comments:

  1. I wish I could get in on the crop tops but alas no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista KetterhagenJuly 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM

    I love whites and crochet TOMS for summer too. It's a staple for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I DON'T use UV for my hair! Thanks for reminding me that I must get that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea there was UV protection for hair! I would definitely like to try that out soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find me an underwire swimsuit asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I want a crop top. I still don't have any. I was going to make myself one LAST summer! /o\

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha make it! They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got mine at Tilly's last summer, but I've been scoping out some great ones from Nordstrom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! It's a great idea to have get some :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course! Yeah! Keep your gorgeous long hair beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just fallen in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was alone in this one, so it makes me super happy! I hate the ones without

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was really against them at first, but I'm ending up liking them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same pair of toms and I LOVE them. they breath so well, Perfect for getting too and from class

    ReplyDelete
  15. are you sure about that?? it's freakin 109 right now. please kill me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. My body isn't even close to ready for them. I did buy a bikini though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cosmetic SanctuaryJuly 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM

    I've been obsessed with wearing white lately... even though I'm a klutz and know its a bad idea for me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooo, that Garneir moisturizer looks interesting- gonna try that out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  19. annette silvestreJuly 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM

    I was going to say just that! i wonder if it works well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the linen pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. sunglasses definitely...I hate it when i forget them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so wish I could wear white without looking like a filthy child within moments, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your selection of sunglasses! :) a really fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the purse and I need to find some white pants, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes the swimsuit + vs pants (in white). love it! plus the stereo purse looks really cute (I wish I have one)! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. So I never put UV Protection in my hair but now that you mention it it seems like an obvious summer essential. I'll be trying that this weekend! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your sunglasses collection, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always forget about UV spray for my hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a cute purse, is it a radio, does it function with an iPod or is it just for looks? I like you shades and the red lip stick in the 1st shade picture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is speakers with a cord that you hook up to an iPod or phone :) You just plug it into the headphones jack.

    The red lipstick is from Rimmel London! I got it at Target it is XoXo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're welcome! I know, it is so easy to overlook but it helps SO much I swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yay! I bet you could find a stereo purse on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  33. yay! We could be white pant twins!

    ReplyDelete
  34. hahaha, I'm still working on mastering this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. yes! the white lace ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah! I seriously cannot leave without them

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is amazing!!! My best friend has really sensitive skin and everything makes her break out (including things like Bare Minerals), but the garnier moisturizer sensitive skin works wonders on her skin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. yes! I hope I didn't give it away

    ReplyDelete
  39. hahaha, welll, not for living. Ah! I'm excited for the heat / hotel air conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've never heard of UV Protecting Spray for Hair! Hence why my hair is damaged. P.S. I hate the word hence. Looking forward to reading more of this fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have never heard of UV Spray for your hair! I have super healthy hair, but it is definitely an item I need to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  42. hahah yay! I can't wait for you to follow along. Also, I love your p.s.

    ReplyDelete
  43. yes! Let me know how you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've never heard of UV hair spray! It sounds so good! I love that purse too, that's such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I need to be better about using a UV protectant! thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've heard Coola products are really good. That BB cream looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh yay!! I still haven't tried it yet. We didn't end up going to the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  48. It is wonderful! You definitely need to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...