photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Refreshing Pineapple Cocktail [Guest Post]

This week I've been a little overwhelmed with things to do - that seems to be my summer though. Everyone keeps getting sick (Iman and I both have a bit of a sore throat and it seems our cat may be sick and I have a vet appt for him today.) I also spent all day yesterday doing baby shower stuff for my cousin - we have 9 days till her shower!! I picked up some extra shifts this week at work, plus my usual summer work for my regular company and that just equals a ton of stuff to do! Oh, and a wedding on Saturday. SO while I'm off trying to  breathe through each thing, I thought I'd get Jess to share a post with you guys!

By now, you probably know that Jess is one of my blog besties. Here's a picture of us and her post!

Ok, so we need to take more pictures together. 



If you ever want me to stop talking to you, just offer me a pina colada and I promise you I will walk away from you as quickly as possible. Let's flashback a bit, shall we?

My fiance Andrew and I went to Vegas last year and in the excitement of too much glitz and glam, we decided it would be a good idea to challenge each other to a pina colada drinking competition. I know, I know. What's wrong with us? I'll tell you now that I'm basically Monica from Friends. You cannot challenge me to anything because I WILL take it way too seriously and freak out if I lose. Naturally I wasn't going to let him beat me at drinking away a girly fruity drink...so we're guzzling away out of those giant Eiffel Tower cups you can get in front of the Paris hotel (click here for reference) and all is well. I'm totally beating this guy and I'm feeling like a champion...and then...we walked out into the hot Vegas sun.

Holy crap. I immediatley realized I had had way too much to drink and that I was severely dehydrated. We looked for a cab to get us to our hotel, and of course we picked the only cab without working AC. At this point I felt like I was about to faint die. So we're sitting in this hot cab, Andrew is talkative as ever even though the guy was clearly ignoring him...meanwhile I'm in the back, gasping for air...except when it's summertime in Vegas, the "fresh air" outside is basically like walking into a sauna. Seriously, my life flashed before my eyes during that 5 minute ride.

From then on I swore off anything creamy and overly sugary in regards to alcohol (they're a trap y'all!)...and I also swore off hot cabs after drinking. Any who, if this story has also made you hate pina coladas (which really, they should be banned forever), here's a quick and easy refreshing pineapple drink that won't make you feel like you just got hit by a truck after drinking it!





Cut off the top of a pineapple and carefully core out the center, scraping out as much of the pineapple as possible with a fork. Lightly mash your pineapple till it looks like weird baby food chunks. Next, Cut up a few strawberries and a lemon.


In a blender, combine your cut up fruit, a generous squeeze of your lemon, a shot of coconut rum, some ice and a little mineral water. I used half a can of La Croix, which is a cool peach-pear mineral water I found at Target. It's all natural, calorie free, etc etc if you're into that stuff. Also, how cute is this mustache shot glass??


Pour your drink into your hollowed out pineapple, and throw a flamingo straw in there (note: this is very important).



Enjoy responsibly, and please, please PLEASE, do not get in a hot cab after consuming this. You will hate yourself forever.

To read more about mine and Andrew's adventures together, come check out my blog here! Thanks Raewyn for letting me take over today!

p.s. everyone, I took that amazing picture of Jess holding the pineapple, as she made this at my house and I attempted to not have an allergy attack. Also, that's my adorable moustache shot glass - who else would you expect to own it?

p.p.s. If you make this drink without the pineapple, it is extremely delicious. I was lucky enough that she made me one!

  photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

57 comments:

  1. Krista KetterhagenJuly 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM

    Pineapple drinks are the best! I love that this recipe doesn't have the dairy. Also, I am completely in love with La Croix! I have the lemon in my fridge currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of pineapple, but I know many people that are and I will definitely be passing this along to them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I liked the pineapple flavor. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM LOOKS YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have flamingo straws?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG a pineapple drink in a pineapple why have I never thought to do that. Now I only wished I liked pineapple cause it be cool to sport that drink around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delicious! And that pineapple looks just AMAZING! What a great way to offer a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh mama mia, I love pina coladas and to have it like this - YUM! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coffee Beans High HeelsJuly 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM

    that looks so good and refreshing! i love pineapple juice!
    xo
    orly
    coffeebeansnandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo I love that it's even IN a pineapple!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading this literally made me so thirsty for it. I might seriously go to the store right now and whip this up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cocktail looks so yummy! And I agree - the flamingo straw is definitely a must-have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a sucker for pineapple, and the little flamingo is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love pineapple everything. :) i'm going to challenge you to a pina colada drinking competition haha. love the photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a neat recipe, cheers for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha, I LOVE PINA COLADAS sooo, I'm down. But I would get a total headache from the brain freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahah, we could be the cool ones sporting watermelon drinks in watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You could have it like I did, sans pineapple. Everything else was the same! (I'm allergic to pineapple)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could have it like I did, sans pineapple. Everything else was the same! (I'm allergic to pineapple)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pineapple looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww! Such a cute drink! I can't wait until I have a blogger bestie!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha count me out of that competition D: I die thinking about that haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hooray for flamingos and pineapples! Thanks for letting me guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this drink sounds and looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love pineapples and pink flamingos! Sounds like a delicious drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, they are the best! I talk to my blogger besties more often than my real life besties sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jess couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you can take over my blog any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bottoms up! This sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  31. :) Let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Let me know what you think of it if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Whoaa that looks amazing! I love creative uses of fruit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...