photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Grumpy Bear

Sometimes, for no apparent reason I get mad. Legitimately angry and in a bad mood and I can't shake it. Obviously, this is completely opposite of my usual personality. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but it is hard for me to get angry because I see it as a waste of time.

Regardless, I was pretty pissed tonight. I'm only cheered up now because a friend told me it's not worth being angry over (a waste of time, like I always think) and that tomorrow is a new day (so true). Things kind of started off slow. I'm getting slightly stressed with school starting in less than a week and trying to find a second job (but failing.) I'm also in a tough spot with my internship and that really stresses me out too.

This was all manageable of course! I relaxed this evening (watched a movie with my mom) and painted another cupcake for a friend. Things were going dandy but then I remembered I have to write two CD Reviews for tomorrow. Never Shout Never and Charlotte Gainsbourg. The latter I ADORED. The former, gave me a freaking headache.

I was kind of excited for this CD because I kept hearing all of this hype on it and the lyrics appeared to be upbeat and I can never resist upbeat lyrics (I admit it, I like one Jonas Brothers song). But then I turned it on and my ears started to bleed. Okay, not literally but for serious right now, that kid's voice is SERIOUSLY whiny to the core. My dad says that Kurt Cobain's songs are whiny - maybe lyrics wise but i can stand / love his voice. Christopher Drew from Never Shout Never...made me want to punch someone.

So anyway, I got the 100 words out of the way. Been there done that. Easy as pie. I was kinda excited to write a negative review for once because I always end up liking everything just because it's in my nature I guess. The next step would be to log into my e-mail to send the review off to the magazine. I had some messages and one was from a girl from my high school.

It's her birthday and she linked her birthday to a cause to get people to donate. I think that's a pretty sweet idea. Her cause? Abolish Abortion. Now, I'm ALL for everyone expressing their opinions. But there's a pretty distinct and fine line between expressing your opinion and forcing it on me. For whatever reason I felt like she was forcing her opinion on me. This has NOTHING to do what the topic is (although rather touchy and I do NOT believe it should be abolished, solely because I do not think the government should be able to make that decision for me. Fuck, I don't think my BOYFRIEND should be able to make that decision for me and the kid would be half his. Granted, I have no idea what I would do if i found myself pregnant at this point in my life. I only hope it doesn't happen and I plan to cross that hurdle if it ever comes).

Back to having opinions forced on me. Why do people do it?

It's just like with religion. I've lost plenty good friends because they were too forceful with their religion and me. Can't they just accept and love who I am?

I know in regards to religion a lot of the time it's not about acceptance, it's that they want to share their experience with me, but I'm sorry. I'll try my best to understand, I'll listen and be happy for you, but I haven't quite figured out my religion in life. Love is my religion, I think.

But I'm not angry anymore. I just wanted to share that story. And maybe get people to stop trying to force their opinions on me. Let me be me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...