photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, January 11, 2010

Healthy Weights and Adequacy

How do you convince someone that you don't have an eating disorder?

This seems to be my dilemma as of late. Yes, I am tiny and skinny and I weigh under 100 pounds. No, I am not underweight.

It really aggravates me that everywhere you go there are the lo-cal options for people who want to lose weight, but nothing for those of us who want to gain weight. Or not only that, I hate when people tell me how jealous they are of my body.

I have my issues with my body just like the next girl. I think I'm too skinny for ME. I wouldn't mind weighing a little more. I understand that most people wouldn't mind weighing less. I don't think this focus should be on weight though. It's an unhealthy focus -- it is what leads to eating disorders and many psychological problems.

I wish we could all just focus on being HEALTHY as opposed to skinny or slim or at the perfect weight. If you don't love your body as it is, there is no perfect weight. Nothing will ever be good enough.

As for me, I am trying to be healthier -- I eat healthier and I am trying to fix my sleeping pattern (once again). I am going to go to the doctors and find out if I am deficient in anything and then go to the nutritionist and get that figured out. Gaining weight is solely to get people to stop telling me I have an eating disorder.

I guess what it all comes down to is self-worth and feeling adequate. I love myself; not too many people do. I wish this feeling for everyone. I wish that you can feel adequate with yourself and to follow your dreams. I wish you to go out there and do what you want to do. I wish you to love others with everything you can. I wish you the best. =]


P.s. My blogs always start out with one direction and I always get lost along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm 120 pounds n I feel a little pudgy still. Luckily I've been kicking things into gear n going to the gym n trying to eat better. I'm not fat at all but I hate the feeling. Its like my new years resolution kinda---healthier choices to feel good about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =] exactly. being healthy should make your self-confidence go up, not the number on the scale/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...