photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Friday, January 8, 2010

How often do you read?

Today is so glorious! It's beautiful outside and I am feeling quite beautiful inside!! I love days like these. =]

Lately, I think I've been sticking to my goals of finding more time for myself and not stressing so much. My finances are still very tight and I'm not sure if I will be able to save enough to move out based off of my work hours, but I might get a second job soon. Who knows. Something will come up. I'm feeling very full of faith that everything's going to work out right now.

Today, I rediscovered a treasure! The library! I haven't been to the library in forever to check out books. I have so many books I need to read on my shelves at home but I decided I wanted something different right now. So I went to the library and I checked out three books - Two of the Vonnegut books I haven't read and You Suck by Christopher Moore that I've wanted to borrow from Trevor for forever but his step-mom is reading it right now. I am so excited to read them!!

I hope I stick to these books. It has been forever since I've finished a book from start to finish without reading other books in between them. I think of it as a metaphor for my life. I keep getting impatient with things and starting new projects before I finish the old. Right now I'm working on finishing the old and finishing my books.

I used to read every night before bed but now I talk on the phone or talk online. It doesn't leave me feeling as peaceful when I fall asleep so I think I'm going to start reading before bed again. One of my many goals. I love goals!

This blog is just so scattered like my brain is right now. There is so much I should be doing right now, but I'm going to just read my book for a little while and escape into it. I'm reading Superfreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. It's the sequel to Freakonomics which I had to read for my econ class in high school and I fell in love with it.

It's so intriguing but so hard to explain. Let's see if I can do it. The authors take the principles of economics and apply it to everyday things and how people think in general. For example, in Superfreakonomics, there is a chapter called Why a Prostitute and Department Store Santa are similar. It gets into the details of how people respond to incentives, etc etc. It's so interesting! Go read the back of it!!

I'm gonna get to it. Maybe I'll post again later. I'm quite proud of myself for the dilligence I've been posting even when I don't have anything in particular to say like today.

But you should probably take some time out of your day for reading. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...