photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I thought I left the Tornado Watch Forecasts in Ohio...

...seriously.

I don't think I ever seriously thought there would be even a tornado warning in southern California, much less have one actually touch down less than 20 miles from my house. But today it did! It was pure craziness.

I'm obsessed with this right now, like I usually get with disasters; although I'm not sure why. Whenever there were earthquakes when I was little I would sit up watching the news to make sure there wouldn't be another one or something. I was fascinated by the wreckage.

Hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, fires...etc just wow.

So, of course, in light of today's wreckage...well, I'm jonesing to get out and look at it all! I watched the entire storm today from inside the walls of Buffalo Wild Wings. I got to work before it started raining, and left after it had cleared (and I saw a rainbow!!)

I did peek outside in the heart of the storm to check on my car and I got entirely SOAKED!! Alex (the general manager) was laughing at me soo soo bad. My car appeared to be holding up nicely...

That was clearly a lie I told myself to stop worrying.

The first thing I noticed when I got in my car was that my driver's seat was completely soaked. I then saw the puddles in my backseat and front seat. And the puddle in the cup holder...how in the heck did water even get in there?!

The next step after sitting in the puddle that was formerly my front seat? Turn on the car. Check...figure out how to turn off my windshield wipers when they're in the off position?!

Yeahhh I couldn't figure that one out, so I drove home with my windshield wipers on when the sky was (temporarily) blue above us. People probably thought I was crazy, but really what else is new?!

Most of the streets were flooded and blocked off so it took about 40 years to reach my apartment, at which point my entire bottom half of my body was soaking wet thanks to the ocean in my car. I pull into the garage super excited to go inside and eat my honey bbq chicken salad, but then my door won't close. Awesome.

My car just likes to win every single award in ghettoness. Somehow the C shaped part in the door that latches to the "strike" (i think?) on the body of the car decided to do a 180 thus making it impossible to close my door.

So, sweet. My car is undriveable. AGAIN. tut tut looks like rain...for the next several days!

Luckily we are getting a rental car tomorrow and I will be able to drive my mom's car and all of my plans will continue as...well planned!!

I thought I would share my hilariously bad luck story with you, although this isn't a very WQ post.

Good luck in the torrential downpour!! ((this kind of makes me miss the snow...at least i didn't drive there!)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...