photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Determined, Fresh and Easy Love and Being Resourceful

Everyone always tells me "Oh my gosh, how do you work 3 jobs / sleep only 4-5 hours a night / stay skinny / always be happy / etc" and it always comes back to one thing. You could say it's my attitude and my positive outlook on life, but I think on an even deeper level it is determination.

I am determined each day for different things. If I am determined to do something I will do it. Isn't that how life works? Some people claim not to have the drive or determination, when really it is just that they don't care about that one thing they are doing. It's not wrong, it's just why they don't have that drive.

I've been trying to eat healthy but by trying I mean I've been talking about doing it, eating healthy maybe once a week, exercising once a week and calling it a day.

This is my determined face earlier today. And my weird arm. 


But suddenly I am determined. Maybe it's because I am back to working one job (mostly, I am working at Bdubs sometimes, too). Maybe it's for some unrelated reason but I'm doing it!

Having a set schedule makes it easier. When I never knew what I was doing I would not be planning ahead for food, exercise, etc. But now I have a set schedule.

Drinking water like a person who drinks water (note, that person is not usually me)


Mon: Leave for work by 545, work 8-4, chiropractor at 6 and then go home. This week I've been asleep by 11, but I know that I will probably start falling asleep earlier.

At school, I have to stay for lunch, forcing me to pack food. If you know me you know I don't like to cook and I don't like to prep (unless I am super motivated) because I never know what I am going to want to eat, it takes too much time, wah wah wah.

Then there came Fresh and Easy. If you don't have a Fresh and Easy, I am actually sad for you. You don't know what you're missing out on. Also, Fresh and Easy is not paying me for a post like this, I am just obsessed. It is like the song, Effin Easy!



It's been my favorite grocery store for awhile, and often I will stop by on my way home from the chiro and pick something up to pop into the oven when I get home. Oh yeah, did I mention it is all preprepped stuff!! Most of it isn't cooked but it is prepared in seasoning/sauces, etc and all you have to do is put it in a cooking vestibule, set a timer and cook! I particularly love their stuffed salmon...2 pieces prepared for 8 bucks.

From the F&E website


I'm in.

On Sunday, I went determined to get some food to prep. Then I found the lunch section. I knew it was there, but I thought it was like most places and you could only get lunch specials at lunch time. Heck no! Fresh and Easy is EASY so you can get it for anytime and stock up.

I did and then some. I got dinners for the week, drinks, etc. I spent about 60 bucks but so far it has way been worth it.

Monday: Mom packed me a lunch cause she's cute, but I sent Iman to work with a wrap and some snacks. I cooked BBQ pork (F&E) and Smokey Corn on the Cob (F&E). I added in Velveeta Mac and Cheese but for the day that was about $15. Dinner fed 4 of us btw, even though it said serving for 2.

Tuesday: I packed Iman and I each a lunch special. One salad, one side, a drink. I added in some extra fruit for me and hummus for Iman. For dinner we had Herb Chix (F&E), green vegetable medly (F&E) and mashed potatoes. Once again, it said serving for 2, but we had enough for 4. My brother had school so I get to take a portion today for lunch. Total: $20

Wednesday: I packed us each lunch specials again. Iman bowls so he will eat something at the bowling alley. I got stuck in LA so I stole internet from Ihop and ate an omelette. Our total is still only probably around $30. Considering it would usually be more and Iman doesn't usually eat at work...this is a total plus!

Today: My lunch is leftovers from Tuesday and Iman has the day off. He is going to a friend's graduation so he will probably eat with him. Dinner is going to be salmon burgers (F&E) and some side dish.

Friday: I have the day off so I will probably bring Iman some lunch and maybe we will go out for dinner.

Saturday: We will probably eat out.

Sunday: Football food, my mom will probably have something amazing cooked that we will eat Sunday night.

It's not all healthy all day, but hey! It's something. My sweet intake has gone down too. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

Anyway, in addition to being in love with F&E, I also am excited about taking a Vanpool. I have decided to pay to ride in one of these because it will be cheaper than the 80 miles a day driving JUST to work and home equaling 4 or so hours in traffic. Vanpool time = 2.5 hours. I love the carpool lane.

As if that wasn't cool enough, it drops off about 2 miles from my work 45 minutes before work. Early morning cardio? Heck yes! Look at me being all active. Then I'd just take a 20 minute bus ride back to the drop off stop.


I am so resourceful.

Also, got a totally awesome notebook to make a lesson plan folder. Can't wait to show you!

How is your Thursday?

 photo name.jpg

P.s. Sorry for the almost 1000 word ramble, I just LOVE this place. lol

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...