photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Unique Purchases

Obviously, when you plan your wedding you want it to be uniquely you - how else would it be your wedding?

Lucky for me, Iman and I are into a lot of the same things - things that take our wedding from traditional to ours. For example, our invitations will most likely have moustaches on them, our table numbers will most likely not be numbers, but types of moustaches and the place cards will definitely be moustaches (Iman's idea!)

But in addition to that, there are a bunch of cute quirky things that we are purchasing to make it more us. Here are my top favorite ideas! Oh, I cannot wait to start getting them!!

Via
Look Megan! I finally have an image for my coke bottle centerpieces!! Muffin Tin Mom posted this in August, but I just found it now searching Google. So happy I finally have an image of what I want it to look like...but fancier of course. 

Via

Iman might have found this idea, actually. I am going to start out with saying that we are hcore Converse people and I haven't had a pair of Converse since high school. I am not too keen on wearing heels for the whole wedding (they usually come off, and lately I can only wear them for an hour max). I might be a midget next to him in flats when we're dancing but hey, these are SO cute. Converse allows you to custom design your shoes at the original price. Instead of the pink though, we will obviously be doing red. We might also put "Hubby" and "Wifey" instead of the full words, I'm not sure yet. 


Via

Glasses!! Everyone thinks it is weird that I am going to get glasses for our wedding. But let me break it down for you. 
First, they're free from Coastal because I haven't bought a pair before. I will just have to pay for my lenses (Which are covered this year). 
Second, I can't get a new pair of frames before the wedding on our insurance and my frames are purple but my colors are red, gray and yellow. 
Third, and probably most importantly, no one will be able to see my eyeballs in pictures if I do not. 
Yeah, I have transition lenses. I've had transition lenses for the past 10 years and am terrified that my eyeballs won't be able to handle real light, but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 



What things are you doing at your wedding that make it unique?

As always linking up with Kristyn and Mary for Wedding Wednesday! But also, Bex for Wedding Planning Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!!

 photo name.jpg

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

12 comments:

  1. I love the Coke bottles! We are thinking of doing that too. I need to look into where to purchase just the bottles. I love it!


    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! And I'm lovin the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique touches are the best! I love looking at other people's uniqueness and I can't wait to share mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Coke bottles are a very cute idea!!! We have some special touches that make the day more "us," too! I'm so excited to share them with everyone but we're keeping it secret for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the idea of the coke bottles. that is such a clever idea!!! And if you want when I update your design I have a tone of mustaches graphics I made because I wanted to but no one has ever wanted me to use them. so let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! What type of graphics?

    Megalin found a list of 20 different moustaches that we are gonna make the place cards. Well, we're gonna have them at the front with names and then they find their table that way

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks friend! Paulina surprised me with the new layout yesterday. OMG. When you come in a few weeks -- YESS - we can do sample centerpieces together maybe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I've been making everyone drink them like crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will send them to you when I get home from my cousins

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...