photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, October 7, 2013

Things I Should Be Doing But Don't

As I'm writing this, I'm sitting here in Iman's basketball shorts [in my case basketball capris since I'm so short?] while I wash 7 loads of laundry. I've run out of bottoms to wear and didn't much feel like wearing a beautiful dress at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night.

Today, I had to face that I needed to do laundry. I hate that realization. Usually I've run out of socks to wear and can't justify buying more [again]. It got me thinking to all of the adult things that I should be doing on a regular basis and I don't do...until absolutely necessary.



1. Laundry. If I did a load a week, I'd probably be much happier. Who likes to spend hours of a day hanging up all of their clothes?

2. Dishes. Seriously, why are doing the dishes so hard?

3. Cooking dinner. I'd much rather go spend $20 on two of us because I am hungry now. 

4. Washing my face, wearing makeup, flossing my teeth, taking a shower more than every other day. My old land lord's joking comment that I shower once a week will always haunt me. C'mon! I shower every other day!

5. Throw out the little pieces of papers I don't need. 

6. Mail the things I say I am going to mail. Always struggled with that one...warrior queen bracelets are coming, I promise!

7. Paint my nails. I always want them painted...but then ignore them.

8. Keep my car clean. Once I tried to do a From Hot Mess to Organized Challenge for a month. I failed.

9. Work out. Okay, I'm working on this one with...dun dun pole dancing classes. You bet there will be a post about this strenuous / fun / outside of the box workout.

10. Call and cancel services I don't need, get a replacement phone, etc.


Things That I'm Doing Instead: 










Obviously, I am a crazy cat lady....time to switch the laundry! 

Did you link up for our Sunday Social? Don't forget to check out my guest blog on A Writer in Love. I break down the definition of a warrior queen.

 photo name.jpg


Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

3 comments:

  1. Being a grownup sucks. It sucks hard. Don't know how old you are, I am 47 and still experience the same problems you have! Like your blog! Started following on bloglovin.
    tam@ spinstersnacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me LOL thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...