photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mini Apple Crostatas [Guest Post]

Hey there Raewyn's readers!! I'm so excited to be taking over Warrior Queen for the day and getting to know y'all!

Ok, so about now you're probably wondering who this mysterious person is who is not Raewyn.

Allow me to tell you a little about myself--I'm Elizabeth. My soldier boy Zach and I are currently stationed in Hawaii and, although we miss home, we love living here in 'paradise'. Another thing I love is blogging which is why I have my own little corner of the internet over at Army Ever After where I pretty much write about life, love, and anything else that suits my fancy!

Raewyn and I 'met' through Just Jacq's Post Exchange program last month and decided it would be fun to 'trade' blogs for a day. Today Raewyn is over at my blog discussing weddings and budgets and things {Eeek! I love weddings!} and I'm over here talking to all of you about my favorite hobby--cooking!

When Zach and I first got married, about a year and a half ago, I pretty much just knew the basics of cooking. I mean, I'd taken home economics in high school and loved it, but other than that the kitchen wasn't really the place I spent most of my time in. Now, though, I love cooking up new recipes and experimenting in the kitchen. My favorite recipes are definitely desserts so I decided to share an easy peasy fall recipe with you today. It's scrumptious and pretty much requires no cooking know-how so it's perfect for a quick little bite of something sweet!


Mini Apple Crostatas
Makes 4 crostatas
Originally from the Pillsbury Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened
  • 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (should be about 2 cups)
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 8 tsp caramel flavored syrup
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll the thawed crust out on to your work surface. Roll crust out just slightly. With a circle cookie cutter, cut into 4 (5-inch) rounds. 
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and place rounds onto parchment. 
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, add apple slices into sugar mixture, and toss. Divide apple slices evenly onto center of each round. Fold 1/2-inch of the crust over filming and crimp. Crust should lie just a little bit flat over the apples. 
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Drizzle about 2 tsp of caramel topping over each and top with ice cream. Serve warm and enjoy! 

There! Wasn't that super duper easy? I hope you've enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me and I hope you'll hop on over to Army Ever After and visit! (If you do, make sure to comment and tell me you found me through Raewyn.) 

Until then, Happy November!! 

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...