photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: The Day I Finally Liked Working Out

Remember that one time I wrote about my favorite workout excuses?

Yeah, they've been bouncing off of my lips for awhile now. I'm always "trying to get healthier" and I put in minimal effort. I'm trying to put in more than that, but then I get tired. It's dumb.

Then this new job happened along with some amazing schedule changes.


  • I now only work 4 days a week - leaving me with 3 days to sign up for workout classes. 
  • I arrive at work about an hour early, perfect to walk at least a mile. 
  • I have enough money to afford to sign up for unlimited dance classes. 


I tried an amazing class in October, from an amazing Groupon deal. I could only go twice because my schedule decided to switch in between.

The class left me bruised and wayyy too sore. For the first time, I had endorphins from working out and I felt..sexy.

I'm now addicted to Pole Dancing Aerobics.

You don't even know how amazing it is. Before I let my friend talk me into the class I was like "damn, I gotta be a hardcore dancer to be able to do that stuff. Hang upside down? Yeah right!"

Then I went to class and WOO BOY! We're all awkward and laughing at ourselves because we keep sliding down the poles. Dang girl dang, I've got a new-found respect for strippers and go go dancers. Lemme tell you!

But here I go! On Thursday, I get my first real paycheck and I'm going to buy an unlimited month's membership. And I'm going to prioritize classes into my schedule.

So why is this a Wedding Wednesday post you might ask?
Well, for starters...I'm getting that wedding bod. Then throw in there the thought that this is making me way more confident in my sex appeal at home. Maybe I'll even have some crazy dance moves to show my future firefighter husband on our honeymoon ;)

How are you getting into shape for your wedding? 

 photo name.jpg

P.s. I'm guest posting on Dreams and Colour today about having a job vs a career. Check it out!

Check out one of our featured Warrior Queens:

10 comments:

  1. Ooh very cool. I have always wondered about pole dancing. I think it would be fun to learn!


    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that poll dancing is an amazing workout! I currently do a mix of boxing, running, P90X and Jillian Michaels workouts. I love to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how fun! Seriously - that's great! My cousins and I have been trying to take a pole dancing class but we haven't found a day that works for all of us yet. I've heard it's a fantastic workout :)


    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the pole dancing aerobics is a fun but very difficult workout. Where do you go to take the classes? I've been trying to get into wedding day shape by running and eventually doing another round of Insanity. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! Insanity! I can't do it. I get all pukey feeling. I like to feel like I'm just dancing. lol. I need to do better at getting into shape, but I'm trying! We have a bunch of studios in Orange County for pole dancing aerobics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY LANTA you have bruises in the weirdest places (like the top of your feet) and you're whole body is jello the next day but it is SO MUCH FUN. It was hard for my friend and I to find days together too, which is why I only went twice in a month. Now I'm just going to go no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P90X?? Ah! I can't even do insanity. I like to mix mine up, too. Jillian Michaels is amazing. I have a problem with doing at home work outs. I just put them off. Classes seem to be my best bet

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so much fun! I can't wait to learn more and have more strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of pole dancing, but never thought to take a class. I'm so lazy it's incredible, but sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing I think I might schedule a class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm lazy, too! That is partially why this class is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...