photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, August 5, 2013

8 Girl Power Movies


via


Today, I thought it would be fun to make a list of my favorite Girl Power movies! Of course there may be some things that I and other feminists have an issue with in each of these movies, but I'm not looking to break down anything. This list is of movies that make me feel empowered.

Let me know if I missed any of your favorites!

1. Spice World. Of course this had to be number one, since I named the title Girl Power :P
2. Legally Blonde. This movie came out when I was a preteen and so many girls in my generation are probably lawyers because of it. Thanks, Elle Woods!
3. Charlie's Angel. I love girls who kick butt. As I mentioned on Tiffany's sponsor intro (go check her out!), Powerpuff Girl's was my favorite TV show.
4. Sex and The City. These girls.
5. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I loved absolutely every movie, and probably bawled my eyes out for each.
6. How to Deal. This Mandy Moore movie is probably not remembered by a lot of people. But I absolutely love it and the character she plays. It's also a book!
7. The Women. All female cast. All female crew. What could be better?
8. He's Just Not That Into You. The most beautiful part about this movie, is that every girl portrayed is the way that we each feel at some point. It's all real.

I really want to see "The Help" - although I have read the book - and Renee The Movie, by TWLOHA.

Check out these awesome "Girl Power" movies out this summer.


 photo name.jpg

3 comments:

  1. The help is such a great movie, give power in full effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Spice girls! I saw The Help a few weeks ago and was getting so frustrated by the way they acted. Just wanted to reach into the screen and slap a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read He's Just Not That Into You before I read the book and it was great! :) I haven't seen a couple on your list...I'll have to watch them. Maybe I can make my hubby watch with me. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...