photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Monday, August 12, 2013

So You're Having A Bad Day...

I used to have this weird superstition that I had a bad day every Monday because Friday the 13th was always my good day. In my head, there obviously had to be some trade-off for having a fabulously lucky day every Friday the 13th.

I was okay with having a bad day on Mondays. It was Monday after all. I could expect it. I could do all sort of weird things to "make it a good Monday." Somehow, during all of that...I actually started having a bunch of really good Mondays, and now they're like any other day - some might be good, some bad, and others just so-so.

Today I'm going to share my bad day cure-all's. Some are silly and don't make any sense, but that is their point - to make you laugh by being silly!

  1. Put more effort into your wardrobe / style

    If you know me, you know that I don't put much effort into my style choices. I've improved a lot over the years but I will always be most comfortable in jeans and a tank top, flip flops, my hair a mess and a  smudge of eyeliner. But when I have a bad day, I like to wear a dress, put on some lipstick and heels and strut it.
  2. Wear your favorite undies.
    Nothing says comfort like your favorite undies. Bonus point: Do they make you feel sexy?
  3. Bake something delicious.
    For me, this is two-fold. a) I love sweets. b) Baking is a major stress reliever. Focusing on the task at hand takes my mind off of everything else. My favorite things to make? Brownies or my Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies...recipe to come!!
  4. Paint your nails.
    I suck at  this, so I go to the salon and get a mani/pedi. They're super cheap in Cali and I couldn't be happier about that. But even having a friend paint my nails make me feel a little better.
  5. Watch your favorite movie.
  6.  If you're at work, be silly with your best friend. Like this:


  7. When all else fails, start your day over.
    Sometimes I climb back in bed, take a cat nap and pretend it's a new day. Gotta jump outta the bed with a positive attitude all over again!
  8. Listen to, and sing, Bad Day by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
    I'm not kidding about this. There is a video from my freshman year dorm of my roommates singing this song (with helium voices) when we were having a horrible day. I watch it whenever my day sucks. I'd share it but it's way too embarrassing.




 photo name.jpg

P.s. The things that make don't make any sense to and I do not recommend for bad days include adamantly refusing to work on Mondays.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...