photo WarriorQueenHeader_zpsa2d93a61.png

Friday, August 16, 2013

SoCal Friday

Today, I'm wishing I was not in the office, solely because Beach Fridays were my absolute favorite day of the week back in high school...Park Tuesdays came in second. I thought I'd tell you a little bit about what my favorite California Friday is [for the record, my senior year of high school we got out at 1 p.m., so every day was a fun day but we made it a point to go to the beach on Fridays, even if it rained. You're only a senior in high school once!]



My Perfect California Friday

9:00 a.m. Wake up! I wouldn't want to spend the whole day wasted in bed. That's what Sundays are for!
10:00 a.m. Grab an Acai bowl for breakfast, or a burrito from that one shop in Huntington Beach
11:00 a.m. Meet up with the best friends to hurry to the beach, it's already 80 degrees!
11:45 a.m. Finally found parking at the beach! While this may seem tedious [and can be] we like to make it fun by blaring our music and laughing.






2:00 p.m. I'm tired of laying in the sun, let's go walk the pier in Huntington and eat at Ruby's On The Pier!
3:00 p.m. Hmm, it's not too late to take PCH to Laguna to look at the shops. But we have to leave now or                  we'll get stuck in the canyon!
5:00 p.m. Should we go to Sawdust?
7:00 p.m. I kind of want to go home but it'd be so cool to see the sunset from Top of the World.
8:30 p.m. Okay, that sunset was super totally worth it!  Should we head down to San Clemente for a                            bonfire?
10:00 p.m. Maybe if we're reallly quiet, they won't notice we're still having a bonfire...and drinking alcohol.


Ok, so maybe this idea was more fun in my head, or I'm really delirious and this sounds crazy. But I've already written it and it actually is pretty typical of several of my days in the summer during high school and when I'd come home for the summer. Bonfires were always my favorite, Top of the World is somewhere I never seem to go enough, and, for some weird reason, we were always going to multiple beaches in one day. As if being lucky enough to be at the beach wasn't good enough.

We're spoiled. But I bet you've all gone to the beach more than me this summer. I haven't gone once. I'm cursed. If I make it known to the world that I am going to the beach tomorrow, then it will be overcast and cold tomorrow. It will be sunny by my house and as soon as I drive that 5 miles over to the more coastal area, we've got clouds and / or a breeze.

 photo name.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You'll always get to the beach more than me in a year! ;) Unless you count the sandy bank at that muddy lake down the road a beach. HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...